Getting married in Prince Edward Island
• Gays and lesbians from other parts of the world can get married in Canada. We have no residency requirement. You cannot get married in Canada if you have a civil union in Vermont or Connecticut. You also cannot get married if you are already married elsewhere.
• Different provinces have different rules and regulations. Be sure to check with local officials in Prince Edward Island.
• Apply for your license at Vital Statistics. You can do this at any Access PEI Office. I can provide you with the phone number of each office.
• Make sure you have the correct documents-- photo i.d., birth certificate or passport, proof of age, social security numbers. If you have been married before, you must have the original divorce decree or proof of death.
• There is no waiting period in Prince Edward Island.
• There is a fee of $100 for your license.